If you're at the risk of not finishing high school, the Gateway to College Program can help. In this program, you'll complete your high school diploma requirements at Montco while simultaneously earning college credits toward an associate's degree or certificate. Gateway to College also offers a scholarship for tuition and books.
To be eligible, you must be:
- 16 to 21 years of age with partner high school referrals;
- behind in high school credits for age or grade level;
- reading at an eighth-grade level or higher;
- currently residing within a partnering Montgomery County School District;
- determined to learn and to earn a high school diploma and a college degree by age 21 and willing to commit two or more years to college.
Gateway Foundation Semester
The first semester of the program is called the Foundation Semester. Unless otherwise specified you will take the following courses.
|Course Code||Course Name|
|MAT 010||Fundamentals of Arithmetic|
|ENG 011||Basic Writing 2|
|SCS 101||Strategies for College Success|
|REA 011||Fundamentals of College Reading|
Please contact Michelle Kulla 215-641-6386 or email email@example.com to obtain a preliminary application.