Helpful resources for students
We understand this is a difficult time within our community. To help alleviate concerns, we have compiled a list of local and national resources.
Hope 4 College has create an infographic, "Surviving COVID-19: A #RealCollege Guide for students. Download the infographic for additional resources.
- Adobe – Education Discounts
- Montgomery County Library and Information Network Consortium (MCLINC) – An integrated online library system for the benefit of the residents of Montgomery County.
- Montgomery County-Norristown Public Library – Virtual resources, includig eBooks and magazines are available.
- Find Free Food Near You – Philabundance
- MontCo Anti-Hunger Network
- Mitzvah Food Program
- Manna on Main Street
- Mattie N. Dixon Community Cupboard
- Bethlehem Baptist Church
- Martha’s Choice Marketplace, sponsored by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia – Norristown
- Salvation Army
- Patrician Society – Norristown
- Shepard’s Shelf Emergency Food Pantry – Harleysville
- Chelten Baptist Church Food Pantry – Dresher
- The Daily Bread Community Food Pantry – Collegeville
- Pottstown Cluster of Religious Communities
- The Open Door Ministry – Royersford
- The Open Link – Pennsburg
- Cecil and Grace Bean's Soup Kitchen – Norristown
- Local school districts offering meals to students. We recommend contacting your district directly for the most up-to-date information.
- Weavers Way Co-Op – Ambler
Internet and Technology Resources
The College is making every effort to assist students with their technology needs. Should you need assistance, please complete the form below.
Several communications companies are granting temporary free Interent access to assist students and families throughout our community. Please see the resources below for possible solutions.
- Xfinity Hotspots – Xfinity Wifi Hotspots will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet customers. Once at a hotspot, select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots, and then launch a browser.
- Internet Essentials
- AT&T WiFi Hotspots – If you reside near a local business using AT&T, you may have access to free AT&T WiFi hotspots.
- Access from AT&T – Offering two months of free service to new Access customers who order by April 30, 2020. $5/mo or $10/mo thereafter, depending on your speed.
Turn your smartphone into a WiFi Hotspot
If you have an existing mobile phone plan, you may be able to turn your phone into a mobile hotspot to thereby provide WiFi to a laptop. Due to the coronavirus, many phone carriers have removed typical data caps that typically make this option less appealing. Below are some helpful resources:
Montco's IT Help Desk
Mental Health Resources
- Talkspace – Montco is partnering with Talkspace to bring you free, convenient, personal, and professional online messaging therapy.
- Montgomery County Mental and Behavioral Health – available Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Call 610-278-3642
- Montgomery County Adult Mental Health Services Guide – open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 855-634-HOPE. A Peer Support Talk Line is open from 1-9 p.m. at 855-715-TALK or by texting 267-225-PSTL
- National Alliance for Mental Illness (NAMI) PA Montgomery County – NAMI is now offering Virtual Support Groups: Recovery Support, Family Support and NAMIWellness Chats for anyone.
- Montgomery County Community Connections – a 'Navicate' can point you in the right direction, and even refer you to a variety of resources based on need
- Central Behavioral Health
- Penn Foundation – Located in Sellersville, the Penn Foundation offers a variety of programs and services ranging from crisis services to yoga classes
- Creative Health Services, Inc – offices in Pottstown and surrounding areas, providing outpatient support
- Merakey – formerly NHS Human Services, offers behavioral health services in Lansdale
- Victim Services Center of Montgomery County – 24-hour hotline available - 1-888-521-0983
- Find a Mental Health Practitioner
- The Resiliency Center – The Resiliency Center of Greater Philadelphia is home to multiple independent practitioners who work mindfully to promote holistic wellness.
National Support & Hotlines
- ULifeline – an online resource for college mental health
- Jed Foundation (JED) – aims to protect emotional health and prevent suicide
- Half of Us – video resources and personal stories on mental health and substance abuse
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – Get help by contacting the Lifeline crisis chat online, calling 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255), or texting TALK to 741741
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) – A free, confidential national helpline, 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- Open Counseling – Free telephone counseling hotlins in the U.S.
- Crisis Text Line – a free, 24/7, confidential text message service for people in crisis. Text HOME to 741741 in the United States.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline – get help without saying a word. Online chat is availalbe 24/7/365 or you can call 1-800-799-7233
- Trans Lifeline – Trans Lifeline connects trans people to the community, support, and resources they need to survive and thrive. Call 877-565-8860.
- The Trevor Project – providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning youth. Call 1-866-488-7386, text START to 678678 or chat online 24/7.
- Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline – offers crisis intervention, information, and referrals to thousands of emergency, social service, and support resources. Call 1-800-422-4453.
- National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) – contact the Helpline for support, resources and treatment options for yourself or a loved one. Call 1-800-931-2237 or text NEDA to 741741.
- National Sexual Assault Telephone Hotline – call 800-656-4673 to be connected with a trained staff member from a sexual assault service provider in your area.
- Aunt Bertha The Social Care Network
- 211 SEPA
- PA Unemployment Compensation
- Tower Health Urgent Care (THUC) – offers physical exams and immunizations for approximately $60. Health insurance will not cover these items at THUC. Please check with THUC for up-to-date information and locations.
- Find COVID-19 Vaccines