Board of Trustees Policy
Subject: Board of Trustees Emeritus
Date: November 2019
Supersedes: January 2003
Montgomery County Community College recognizes extraordinary and significant contributions by bestowing Emeritus status to former Board of Trustee members who have advanced the College’s mission and strategic agenda. Privileges may include special invitations to Board of Trustees and College meetings and functions.
To be eligible for Emeritus status, Board of Trustees members must meet these criteria:
- Established a record of notable service to the College and its communities
- Displayed active leadership as Chair of the Board and/or Chair of Standing Committee(s)
- Served, at minimum, two terms (12 years) and departed from Board of Trustees service
- Nominated by a member of the Board of Trustees or by the College President
- Approved by the Board of Trustees through majority vote
Trustee Emeritus status is without financial compensation and has non-voting membership to the Board of Trustees for life. The Board of Trustees reserves the right, by majority vote, to revoke honorary titles at its sole discretion.