Board of Trustees Policy
Subject: Use of the College Facilities
Date: June 2021
Supersedes: February 2010, April 2001
The policy provides guidance in identifying and prioritizing the appropriate use of College facilities.
The College will make its facilities available to community groups, organizations, and businesses whenever possible. Non-College facility users will be charged rental fees appropriate to the facilities used, the date and time required; and the type of organization making the request.
Montgomery County Community College campus activities take priority over all other requests for facility use. In addition, consideration to external organizations requesting use of the College’s facility will be based on the alignment with the objectives and mission of the College.
Political organizations and candidates for political office are permitted on campus for lectures, speeches, or forums only when a college office, department, or approved college organization sponsors them.
All organizations are to follow federal, state, and local law and all other College policies with regard to facilities use.
No use of facilities is permitted until the signed License to Use Agreement is executed by both parties.
Priority I - Campus Activities
Space will be made available for College activities in the following order of priorities:
- College instructional programs
- Official College events
- College-sponsored educational activities
- Actively chartered student clubs and organizations
- College intramural activities
Priority II - External Organizations
Categories of External Organizations
|A||Activities of official departments of the County of Montgomery, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and the United States Government.|
|B||Non-profit educational institutions, organizations affiliated with schools and community based organizations, and community residents.|
|C||Profit making organizations.|
A Montgomery County address must appear on the Certificate of Insurance to be eligible for "In County" rates except when a local chapter or affiliate of a non-profit is provided insurance coverage under an umbrella insurance policy of a national organization.
Insurance Requirements for External Organizations
All external organizations with the exception of Category "A" are required to submit proof of insurance, at lessee’s expense, as follows:
- Commercial General Liability
- Bodily Injury and Property Damage
Combined Single Limit - $1,000,000
- Products Liability if food will be served
Combined Single Limit - $2,000,000
- • Sexual Abuse & Molestation (when minors participating)
Per Occurrence - $1,000,000 Aggregate Limit - $2,000,000
- Bodily Injury and Property Damage
- Automobile Liability
- Limit of Liability - $1,000,000 - this coverage should be included if vehicles owned by the sponsoring organization will be used on College premises for purposes other than basic transportation to the College.
- Workers Compensation - Statutory Coverage in accordance with Workers Compensation laws of the state of Pennsylvania for employees of the lessee working on the College premises.
- Montgomery County Community College to be included as additional insured in respect to the activity covered by the Certificate.
Insurance Certificates must be provided five days prior to the event. All insurance coverage’s must be written with insurance companies authorized to do business in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. All insurance certificates are subject to the approval of the Montgomery County Community College.
Facilities Use: Fees and Charges
The Schedule of Fees and Charges for Use of the College Facilities is included as an Appendix to this Policy. There is to be an annual review of the fee schedule by April of each year with review by the President and approval of the Board of Trustees Physical Plant Committee.
The approval for granting a waiver of any fees must be granted through the Vice President whose area requested the waiver or the President.